Major in ChemistrySeptember 5, 2021 2022-12-14 1:32
Major in Chemistry
Major in Chemistry
Chemistry is the study of matter and changes it can undergo. Everything around us is made of chemicals, which are made up of elements. They can combine in various ways and result in new substances with new properties. Application of chemistry is everywhere around us, such as materials, foods, forensics, and pharmaceuticals.
Our chemistry program is the first in Asia and the third outside the US to be recognized by the American Chemical Society under the ACS Recognition of Global Programs in Chemical Sciences. Scholars in the Development and Promotion of Science and Technology Talents Project (DPST) sponsored by the Institute for the Promotion of Teaching Science and Technology (IPST) to study abroad can apply to this program.
The chemistry program offers three tracks.
- The first track is a Dual-Degree Program with Flinders University, Australia in a 2+2 arrangement, in which the student will receive B.Sc. in Forensic and Analytical Science.
- The second track is a B.Sc. (Chemistry) + M.Sc. (Pharmacology) degrees in 4+1 arrangement with Faculty of Graduate Studies & Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital.
- The third track is a degree in chemistry. For high achievers the completion of their Chemistry degree courses is possible at the end of their Junior year. Their I-Design courses in their senior year can be used to create a personalized education, leading to another minor or certificates.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
For Students ID 63XXXXX
For Student ID
- Quality control or quality assurance positions or as a research scientist in local and multinational chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical manufacturing and related industries.
- Research assistant in private sector and governmental services department.
- Customer relations and as technical-support in sales and marketing team for local and international chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and related companies
- Entrepreneurship in applied chemical and related industries.