Travel and Service Business EntrepreneurshipAugust 25, 2021 2022-06-01 6:38
Travel and Service Business Entrepreneurship
- Worldwide, the travel industry has recorded consistent growth despite economic crisis. This strong trend is expected to continue into the future.
- Thailand’s tourism and travel sector contributes over 20% of GDP, and expects to experience growth when we think long-term.
- The fast-growing service and experiential sectors give a good potential to new market segments, such as health and wellness, sport fitness or elderly care.
- The fast-expanding sector has strong demands for young talents. Obtaining a degree in the field will prepare you to exploit these opportunities.
- Many skills from studying travel and service business entrepreneurship can be transferred to other fields, particularly in the industry dealing with experiential products.
To be amongst the world-class leaders in Tourism and Hospitality education.
- To help facilitate students to think both laterally and critically, and also to encourage them to act professionally and ethically
- To prepare students to be competent global citizens who can excel in the global arena through the process of life-long learning
- To establish excellent links with the tourism and hospitality industry, to enhance both our national and international reputation in education and research, and to contribute to the tourism and hospitality industry and society at large
The Bachelor of Management in Travel and Service Business Entrepreneurship (BM-TSB) aims to produce future entrepreneurs in Travel and Service Businesses who are well equipped with both theories and practices, who can competently apply their knowledge in relation to Travel and Service Businesses, and who acts professionally and ethically, through a process of life- long learning.
- pose analytical ability and practical knowledge in the travel and the related service businesses;
- be able to work up to professional standard, be ethical and have social responsibility;
- demonstrate a good level of English proficiency, both in verbal and written communication;
- are competent and adaptive and have cultural awareness in the global arena;
- understand the ten Global Codes of Ethics of the United National World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) and be able to apply them into practices;
- To have an entrepreneurial and a managerial competency to develop the organizations/enterprises in travel and service businesses with sustainability mindset;
- Apply operational knowledge and practices in the selected travel and service business industries
- Illustrate managerial and entrepreneurial knowledge and practices in the selected travel and service businesses.
- Apply ethical and professional standard in the selected travel and service businesses.
- Demonstrate good teamwork and express appropriate roles in the team working environment.
- Apply a high level of communication standard for any project related to the travel and service businesses (way of presentation).
- Demonstrate cross-cultural ability in terms of language communication and cultural sensitivity
Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM) Office
Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm