MUIC Team 1st Runner-up in Business Case CompetitionMay 31, 2022 2022-06-02 7:08
MUIC Team 1st Runner-up in Business Case Competition
Mahidol University International College’s (MUIC) Case Club successfully hosted HSBC Thailand Business Case Competition 2022 on April 23, 2022 with a team from MUIC winning 1st Runner-up.
Team Raven Consulting from MUIC won 1st Runner-up. The team was composed of Piyush Saraf, Carmelia Yew, Kamonnut Sangkaew, and Enrico Soetanto in the competition held at the HSBC headquarters, HSBC Building, Rama IV Road, Bangkok.
The 3rd Runner-up was Smart Consulting from Thammasat University, Thammasat Business School with the following team members: Suchada Charoenkittitum, Thanapong Limprasert, and Sukkhawut Leekranchai, Sirada Putkaew.
Twenty teams from various universities competed against one another in front of an impressive group of judges from prominent companies and organizations. The competition allowed all participants to actively challenge and push themselves to their maximum potential. Contestants were offered a brief overview of the competition, as it was the first hybrid event during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The emcees—Ms. Intira Setavoraphan and Mr. Sihapanha Moun—announced the instructions and also introduced the judges. At the end of each round, the results were announced with the teams with the most points advancing to the final round.
After the judges deliberated on choosing the winner, they also shared with the participants words of motivation and wisdom that they can use for their future endeavors.
The judges were the following:
1. Mr. William E. Heinecke, Founder and Chairman, Minor International PLC
2. Mr. Stephen Ashworth, Managing Director of Hutchison Ports (Thailand & South East Asia)
3. Mr. Ashwin Rajgopal, Chief Executive Officer of Suntory Beverage & Food (Thailand & Indochina)
4. Mr. Tanyapong Thamavaranukupt, Co-president of Ascend Money
5. Mr. Thinawat Bhukamana, Managing Partner of Baker & McKenzie Thailand
6. Mr. Giorgio Gamba, Chief Executive Officer of HSBC Thailand
7. Khun Arthitaya Rusmintratip, Management Associate of Shopee Global Leaders Program
8. Khun Chinapa Chatkitcharoen, Business Analyst of McKinsey & Company
9. Khun Chayanon Horpattaporn, Chief Financial Officer of DoHome PCL
10. Mr. Deepak Tomar, Country General Manager & Director of Map Active (Thailand) Ltd.
11. Khun Hoda Yazdani, Head of Finance Transformation of Delivery Hero Thailand (Foodpanda)
12. Khun Kantaphon Chaokitkha, Winner of HSBC Thailand Business Case Competition 2019
13. Khun Kanobphan Raengkhum, Associate Director, Senior Trader, Global Markets HSBC Thailand
14. Dr. Karn Prativedwannakij, Chief Financial Officer of Asset World Corp. PCL
15. Dr. Kitti Setavoraphan, SVP Township Development of Frasers Property Industrial (Thailand)
16. Khun Komkrit Supagovit, Head of Group Finance Treasury and Tax of Siam City Cement PCL
17. Dr. Kriengchai Boonpoapichart, Chief Financial Officer of CPAll
18. Khun Narun Thamavaranukup, MD of THG Prima Times Co., Ltd.
19. Khun Nuengruthai Amatyakul, General Manager, Anca Manufacturing (Thailand)
20. Khun Opa Wasuwattana, Senior Vice President and Team Head International, Wholesale Banking, HSBC Thailand
21. Khun Parth Shah, Business Analyst of AWR Lloyd & Winner of HSBC Thailand Business Case Competition 2019
22. Mr. Parveen Khokher, Regional Director of Asia of Valvoline Inc
23. Mr. Ronald Leeuw, Corporate Banking Manager, ISB, HSBC Thailand
24. Khun Saliltip Ruangsuttipap, Deputy Managing Director of Dohome PCL
25. Mr. Sanjay Kumar Kundnani, Cisco APJC Business Lead, Enterprise Networking
26. Ms. Sukhmani Singh, Marketing Specialist of Hospitality Resources of Asia
27. Dr. Teeradetch Tungsubutra, Chairman and CEO, Ritta Co. Ltd.
28. Khun Thanyaporn Krichtitayawuth, Executive Director of UN Global Compact Network Thailand
29. Mr. Terry Weir, Chief Financial Officer, Hana Microelectronics
30. Mr. Tomoghno Ghose, Senior Business Planning and Execution Manager of HSBC Thailand
31. Mr. Vivek Mantri, Associate Director of AWR Lloyd
32. Khun Yanisa Nilawong, General Manager of Anca Manufacturing (Thailand)
33. Khun Yongyut Setthawiwat, Managing Director, Group Treasurer, Treasury & Finance Shared Services Department of Thai Union Group PCL
The judges provided great insights based on their achievements and experience, which helped all the participants understand the cases in more depth by gaining feedback from the judges.
The MUIC Case Club congratulated all the teams for their well-deserved achievement and the top 4 teams for qualifying for the final round and presenting in person in front of the honorable judges at the HSBC headquarters.
HSBC Business Case Competition 2022 was organized by its committee, who are members of the MUIC Case Club. The team consists of:
Ms. Princess Erica Mendoza Gallemit – President of MUIC Case Club
Mr. Nicholas Tan Hong Xin – Vice President of MUIC Case Club
Ms. Intira Setavoraphan – Secretary and Co-Head of Development
Mr. Vikrant Kamal Ganwani – Treasurer and Co-Head of Development
Mr. Sihapanha Moun – Head of Marketing and Public Relations
Ms. Darya Makhotkina – Head of Operations
Ms. Jetiya Kongamornpinyo – Senior Project Manager
Mr. Naitik Kumar Girish Mewada – Senior Operations Coordinator
Ms. Intira Setavoraphan – Host of Event 2022
Mr. Sihapanha Moun – Host of Event 2022
3. Marketing Team:
Mr. Sihapanha Moun – Head of Marketing
Ms. Kashish Rajiv Punjabi – Marketing Project Manager
Ms. Pemika Benjapibal – Social Media Manager
Mr. Worawat Phongsawai – Creative Manager
Mr. Paulpisut Silathong – Creative Assistant
Ms. Sophie Moore – Content Manager
Ms. Narinya Yingcharoenthana – Marketing Project Manager
Ms. Kornchanok Lin – Social Media Manager
Mr. Akshay Kothari – Content Copywriter
4. Operation Team
Ms. Darya Makhotkina – Head of Operations
Ms. Aileen Liu – Media Manager
Ms. Jirata Sanitwongchai – Media Manager
Ms. Mae Jordaine B. Diopenes – Project Manager
Mr. Kritchawat Suteenoppakun – Project Manager
Ms. Nuttakarn Vititsuwan – Operations Coordinator
5. Development Team:
Ms. Intira Setavoraphan – Co-head of Development
Mr. Vikrant Kamal Ganwani – Co-head of Development
Mr. Saheb Singh – Development Assistant
About MUIC Case Club
A college-level consultancy-based club which aims to make successful stories through competing and organizing case competitions.
About HSBC Thailand Business Case Competition
A prestigious business case competition sponsored by HSBC in partnership with Mahidol University International College. On an invitation basis, undergraduate students from Thailand’s leading business schools will crack real-life business cases.
For more information, please visit
MUIC Case Club’s socials: