On Friday, the 29th of October 2021, the International Student Counselors (ISC) hosted its ‘Sawasdee! International,’ a virtual gathering event for the both new and current international students of Mahidol University International College (MUIC). Overall, there were around 80 participants of 15 different nationalities, (there are 30 nationalities in MUIC) including American, Bangladeshi, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Filipino, French, German, Indian, Japanese, Nepali, Pakistani, Singaporean, South Korean, and Thai.
Opening the event were Asst. Prof. Dr. Chayanant Hongfa, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, and Mr. Laird B. Allan, the advisor of ISC. The participants were then introduced to the launching session of the organization and later played online interactive games to network and get to know each other.
The event was such a success that ISC will continue hosting it and soon adopt it to become a tradition for the international student community at the college.
What is ISC? The International Students Counselors (ISC) is an international student-run organization initiated by the Student Affairs Office aimed at offering professional peer-guidance to international students and improve their experiences.
Who are the members? The first cohort of ISC consists of 12 members:
1. Ms. Darya Makhotkina, Russian, B.Sc. in Food Science and Technology
2. Ms. Hayeon Kim, South Korean, B.A. in Intercultural and Language Studies
3. Ms. Intira Setavoraphan, Thai-Singaporean, B.Sc. in Food Science and Technology
4. Ms. Princess Erica Gallemit, Filipino, B.Sc. in Food Science and Technology
5. Mr. Sihapanha Moun, Cambodian, B.M. Tourism and Hospitality Management
6. Ms. Siripreeya Phankingthongkum, Thai, B.Sc. Chemistry
7. Mr. Karun Khanijaur, Thai-Indian, B.B.A. Finance
8. Ms. Linda Massarola, Thai-Italian, B.B.A. International Business
9. Mr. Orachun Gogar, Thai-Indian, B.A.Sc. Creative Technology
10. Ms. Runyu Zhang, Chinese, B.F.A. Communication Design
11. Ms. Songling Wei, Chinese, B.F.A. Median and Communication
12. Ms. Tanit A-Mornthap, Thai-Japanese, B.A. in Intercultural and Language Studies
How to contact ISC?
Facebook: MUIC International Student Counselors
Open Chat: MUIC International Student Community
FB Group: MUIC International Student Community