This announcement is in accordance with Mahidol University’s announcements on Safety and Precautionary Measures Regarding COVID-19 dated February 24, 2020 and the Regulation and Guidelines for Work and Study During the Outbreak of COVID-19 dated February 26, 2020, and Safety and Precautionary Measures Regarding the COVID-19 and students dated February 28, 2020.
Mahidol University International College has announced the following safety and precautionary measures regarding COVID-19 for MUIC and Preparation Center for Languages and Mathematics Program Students:
Remarks for the Announcement:
- Students refers to all students of Mahidol University International College (MUIC) and Preparation Center for Languages and Mathematics Program (PC).
- These are the Offices in charge of Covid-19 for MUIC and PC students.
For MUIC Students, please contact the Office of Student Affairs by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For PC Students, please contact the Preparation Center for Languages and Mathematics by email email@example.com.
- Students are strongly advised to avoid traveling to countries/territories/areas being reported as infected or have surging cases of the COVID-19. This shall be effective from now until May 31, 2020, unless otherwise announced.
- Students are requested to refrain from traveling or participating in extracurricular activities organized in the countries/territories/areas being reported as infected or that have surging cases of the COVID-19. This shall be effective from the period specified in No. 1.
- In cases where students have traveled to countries/territories/areas not being reported as infected or have surging cases of the COVID-19 from now until May 31, 2020, they must fill out the MUIC screening form and inform the Office of Student Affairs or PC (see No. 2).
- In cases where students have traveled to or transiting through the countries/territories/areas being reported as having a case surge or ongoing outbreak of COVID-19, they must strictly follow these instructions:
4.1 Fill out the screening form on the MUIC website within 24 hours after returning to Thailand;
4.2 Refrain from attending classes and observe their conditions for 14 days, adhering to the guidelines for self-quarantine at home as announced by the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health. During this time period, students will not be considered absent from class;
4.3 Students are responsible for all class materials and quizzes during their self-quarantine. They should contact their class lecturers directly. MUIC will assist those who have issues regarding their mid-term and final exams during their self-quarantine period;
4.4 Once they return to class, they must continue to wear a mask for a 30 days starting from their arrival date. They must contact and submit their passport and boarding pass to the Office of Student Affairs or PC (see No. 2);
4.5 If students have a fever or present one of the following respiratory symptoms-coughing, sore throat, running nose or difficulty in breathing-they must seek medical attention from a medical professional or undergo the COVID-19 screening test at a trusted hospital and strictly following their directions. The students then should update the Office of Student Affairs or PC (see No. 2) about their condition;
- In the event that students are at risk because of contact with someone having the COVID-19, inform the Office of Student Affairs or PC by email (see No. 2);
- Students are strongly advised to cancel activities that involve large numbers of people. MUIC will be responsible for the actual expenses incurred due to the cancellation of activities approved by the college before the date of this announcement. This is not applicable to student exchange programs;
- Students must follow the regulations in this announcement or face disciplinary action;
- To collectively control the COVID-19 outbreak, students should keep current and follow the recommendations from the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/index_more.php, the World Health Organization, and MUIC’s website http://bit.ly/39My37K;
- 9. Regulations and measures not covered in this announcement are for the Dean’s consideration.
This announcement shall be effective from February 26, B.E. 2563 (2020 A.D.) onwards.
Announced on March , B.E. 2563 (2020 A.D.)
(Assoc. Prof. Chulathida Chomchai, M.D.)
Dean, Mahidol University International College
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?